The Bobcat Trail
The first rank that EVERY boy MUST earn when entering the Cub Scouting Program is the Bobcat rank.
To earn the Bobcat rank the new Cub Scout must do the following:
1. Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my Country
And to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
Mentally awake, and morally straight.
2. Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
A Scout is …
3. Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
4. Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
5. Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
6. Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
7. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
The above items are the basic information that ALL Cub Scouts must learn, which is why EVERY scout who enters into Cub Scouting MUST earn the Bobcat Badge. They only need to complete the course once in their Cub Scout career.